If you prefer, you can print a pdf version of the constitution document
Name of organisation: Pointers In Need
- Aims: To find new homes for Pointers that have had a change of circumstances in their home, including marriage breakup/or child commitments here in the UK. To achieve new lives and re-home ex hunting, abused or neglected Pointer dogs in Spain, Cyprus, Greece and Serbia (or any other Country if the need arises). To find foster homes for Pointers to assess their needs.
- Carrying out the Purposes: In order to carry out the purposes, the Committee has the power to fundraise in the way of auctions, raffles, beach parties or other sponsored events in order to finance the Pointers and remove them from refuges and killings stations. To fund transport costs and vets fees.To do anything else within the law which is necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Membership: The Committee may admit to membership anybody aged 18 and over who supports the purposes of the organisation. People who wish to become a member should apply to the Committee. Membership lasts for one year and may be renewed. The Committee will keep an up to date membership list. The Committee may expel someone from membership, provided it is in the best interest of the organisation to do so, and they are given the right to be heard by the Committee before the decision is made. They can be accompanied by a friend.
- Equal opportunities: Pointers In Need will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexuality, disability, religious or political belief, marital status or age.
- Offices and Committee: The business of Pointers In Need will be carried out by three Officers elected at our first meeting. The Committee will meet twice a year. The Committee will consist of three Officers. The roles are as follows: Chair, who will chair both general and committee meetings. Secretary, who will be responsible for the taking of minutes and the distribution of papers. Treasurer who shall be responsible for maintaining accounts. In the event of an Officer standing down during the year, a replacement will be elected at the next General Meeting of members. Any Committee Member not attending a meeting without an apology for three meetings will be contacted and asked to resign.
6.1 An AGM will be held within 12 months of the previous AGM. All members will be notified in writing at least three weeks before the date of meeting, giving the venue, date and time. Nominations for the Committee may be made to the Secretary before the meeting, or at the meeting. The quorum for the AGM will be a minimum of 3 members. At the AGM the Committee will present a report of the work of Pointers In Need over the year. The Committee will present the accounts of Pointers In Need for the previous year. The Officers and Committee will be elected for the next year. Any proposals should be given to the Secretary at least 7 days in advance of the meeting will be discussed.
6.2 Special General Meetings. The Secretary will call a Special General Meeting at the request of the majority of the Committee or at least 3 Members giving a written request to the Chair or Secretary stating the reason for their request. The meeting will take place within 28 days of the request. All Members will be given two weeks’ notice of such a meeting, giving the venue, date, time and agenda. The quorum will be at least three Committee Members being present.
6.3 General Meetings are open to all Members and will be held twice per annum or more often if necessary. All Members will be given two weeks’ notice of such a meeting, giving the venue, date, time and agenda. The quorum for the meeting will be at least three members being present.
- Rules of Procedure for meetings. All questions that arise at any meeting will be discussed openly and the meeting will seek to find general agreement that everyone present can agree to. If a consensus cannot be reached, a vote will be taken and a decision will be made by a simple majority. If the number of votes cast on each side are equal, the Chair of the meeting shall have an additional casting vote.
- Finances. An account will be maintained on behalf of Pointers In Need at a bank agreed by the Committee. The Treasurer will be nominated to sign the cheques. Records of income and expenditure will be maintained by the Treasurer and a financial statement given at each meeting. All monies raised by or on behalf of Pointers In Need is only to be used to further the aims of the organisation, specified in item 2 of this Constitution.
- Amendments to the Constitution. Amendments to the Constitution may only be made at the AGM or a Special General Meeting. Any proposal to amend the Constitution must be given to the Secretary in writing. The proposal must be circulated with the notice of the meeting. Any proposal to amend the Constitution will require three Members at the meeting of those entitled to vote.
- Dissolution. If a meeting, by simple majority decides that it is necessary to close down the organisation it may call a Special General Meeting to do so. The sole business of this meeting will be to dissolve the organisation. If it is agreed to dissolve the organisation, any remaining money and other assets, once outstanding debts have been paid, will be discussed, and a charity chosen by vote, will receive the funds.
If you’d like to adopt a Pointer or join our fostering team, Bob and the team will do a happy dance! Or help us to home check prospective adopters? We need experienced people to join our team so please get in touch.
There are many other ways you can help these noble dogs. Please make a donation or buy something fabulous from our online shop. You can also register with easyfundraising – this brilliant idea raises money for Pointers in Need while you shop online and you don’t a penny extra. Meantime, please collect your stamps! It’s an easy way to raise much needed funds for our dogs.