The team at Pointers In Need are always looking for ways to raise funds to help the constant stream of Pointers who need rescuing or rehoming.
Taking care of Pointers who are in need of our help and support is an expensive process and so we are always in need of your help and support.
Oh, the things we can do with any funds raised! Pointers in Need is a small organisation and the demands on our funds often seem endless, but they generally fall into the following categories:
Medication and Veterinary Care – often the Pointers we and our partners rescue, are found on the streets or abandoned in fields and are in a terrible state. They sometimes need intensive, prolonged (and expensive) veterinary care to treat wounds, severe malnutrition and other medical conditions.
Then, in foster care, which can sometimes be for several months, we ensure that our dogs receive very good quality nourishing food to help improve their strength and condition.
Finally, there are the costs of preparing the dogs for travel – including passports, all vaccinations, microchipping, and the transportation itself, from countries such as Spain, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and further afield.
Our adoption fee typically covers between a quarter and a third of the cost of bringing the Pointers to good health and transporting them to the UK to their forever homes.
Getting involved in our fundraising efforts is so easy:
- On 13th May 2017, Lee Thornton and his Pointer Maeve are going to participate in the ‘Llangollen Round‘ – a 33 mile endurance run – and need your sponsorship. Read more about their fantastic efforts and how you can help them.
- On 18th June 2017, Pointers In Need will be running a Companion Dog Show with lots of pedigree and novelty classes. Entry is cheap and registrations on the day. Anyone with a four-legged canine friend can participate in what is sure to be a fun show.
- On 29th July 2017, it’s POINTERFEST and for the first time, Pointers In Need will be a co-recipient of funds raised at this fantastic event, as well as whatever it raises on its own stall. This is an event you do not want to miss!
- On 20th August 2017, Kayleigh Robertson, Regan and Ragnar are planning to undertake a sponsored dog walk along Cleveland Way to raise funds for Pointers in Need. Read more about this fabulous walk that you could participate in too.
- It is really easy to make a donation or to sponsor Lee and Maeve or Kayleigh, Regan and Ragnar. You can make single donation payments or set up something more regular to ensure that your help goes further.
- Pointers In Need has a great online shop, where you can buy a range fabulous goodies.
- Save your stamps! Pointers In Need is able to raise much need funds from old stamps off of mail that you receive. Don’t throw them away – keep them and send them in to us.
- Pointers In Need runs regular online auctions via Facebook for a range of goodies and you could grab yourself a real bargain.
- For those of you who do any shopping online, you could be raising funds for Pointers In Need just by registering for and using EasyFundraising. There are a huge range of retail outlets where you buy goods as normal, and we receive a small payment. It costs you nothing!
Are you looking for more ways to help Pointers In Need with fundraising or want to do your own fundraising event or do you have some fundraising ideas that you’d like to share? Then please just let us know and we will help you in any way that we can. Contact us soon!
Please give generously as every penny raised will help rescued and rehomed Pointers learn to love life again.
There are so many Pointers that need homes and many more still that are waiting in the wings to come onto our books.
You can find out more information see our Frequently Asked Questions.